Friday, June 21, 2013

Chapter 8 A New Home

Aria Zion could have told you both the day and the hour Hunter called asking her to meet her at a street address. Aria parked the car outside the place a little nervously, shutting the door with a slam. Hunter was waiting at the door of the place and his smile brightened when he saw Aria. 
Things between them had being going well, they had even being going out on dates together which gave Aria the kind reminder that she needed, to remind her they were still young. Hunter opened the door to the place, pulling Aria inside.

 Aria looked around cautiously wondering who lived here. "Do you like it?" Hunter questioned her eagerly.
 "Yes, its nice," Aria replied still unsure about what they were doing here. 
Hunter grinned, "I hope so because its ours," he told her. 
Aria's jaw dropped, "But how we can't afford it," she protested.

 "Actually we can, I got it cheap and we've saved up enough money. We've had our break Aria and to be honest I don't ever want to live without you again," Hunter admitted, taking her hand in his. 
Aria smiled, "I love you Hunter Zion," she said to him before pulling him into a kiss. 

"And I love you Aria Zion," he responded once they had separated.  

The next part of the day was spent moving the most important stuff in since the place came fully furnished and working on selling their old place. To just think that Hunter and her were going to live together made Aria's heartbeat increase. However she knew now more than ever that she had to tell him the truth about her secret. So she walked down the stairs to where Hunter was standing
"I'll tell you the truth," she announced. 

Hunter looked up surprised, "Aria you don't have to." 
She shook her head, the smallest smile on her face, "Yes I do and its alright because the reason I didn't tell you wasn't because I didn't trust you it was because I was too proud," she admitted to him a red blush of shame tracing her face. 
"I'm listening," Hunter told her, still confused and what secret the girl he had known his whole life would be to proud to tell him. 
"I'll start with the packages then," Aria said, rolling her fingers over the metal box. 
"They're from your father?" Hunter guessed
Aria nodded, "Right, my biological father," she corrected, then she sighed, "I guess I'll tell you the story my biological mother told me." 

Aria took a second to collect her thoughts before beginning the tale. 

"Ariel that was my bio mom's name, she was from a rich and powerful family, that seemed to have reaches everywhere and they didn't exactly do everything to the law. Anyway it’s the typical story, Ariel fell in love with my bio father James, who was from a lesser family and not good enough for her family. They swore to each other no matter what the hardship they'd stay together, but unlike in a story this was the real world. James got drunk or more likely he was drugged one night some guy who was payed to start making remarks about Ariel, like her family knew he would he snapped. However it worked out even better than the thought it would, because he killed him, there was a rusty metal I don't really remember on the ground and he hit him.

 That was that, they tried to plead manslaughter but Ariel's family manipulated it into murder and even got the sentence increased to the maximum, thirty years in prison. Ariel found out she was pregnant and wouldn't raise it without the father, so that left me up for adoption. You know most of it though how I found out looking for my parents, James didn't know about me until I found him prison. Ariel told me the story and then said she didn't want anything to do with me because of her family, because despite what they thought about James I was still their blood. I couldn't be bothered, I was ashamed of what I had come from and I didn't want you to know that I was a daughter of a murderer," Aria admitted. 
Hunter looked at her, "Is that the only reason you didn't tell me?" Hunter asked in disbelief. 
Aria sighed, "In the first place, I was just too ashamed and then it had been so long, I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would think I overreacted. Maybe you do, but I was trying to figure out who I am and who I was and then I find out I was the daughter of a murderer and my actual mother's family, was only rich because of blood money.

 I thought you would hate me and I would never open his packages because I hated him for who I was," she muttered, speaking all her thoughts at once. 
Hunter considered he knew that he would never understand, but he didn't think he could ever hold it against her. 
"I wish you would have told me, I never would have judged you," he told her. 
Aria looked down and then murmured, "I know that now, but I was proud and I'm sorry." 
"I know," Hunter replied softly, "the middle of the night phone call, the every Monday?" he questioned, wanting to know all of it. 
"Ariel died, and she had a child little boy he's only three. If anything happened to her, she wanted me to be the one who took care of him. He lives with her best friend, but I wanted to see him every Monday, I couldn't just walk into his life and leave. I should of told you then but it was late and my emotions were in a thousand places at once," Aria explained to him. 
Hunter smiled, "What his name?" he asked. 
"Joseph."  
Hunter stood up hugging Aria, "I don't hate you Aria, I'm just glad I know now and we can get past this together and focus on our new life together."

 Aria looked up at him with a huge smile on her face, "I'm glad you know, but you don't think any less of me?" she questioned nervously.
 "Aria, we're not our parents, genes only go so far, upbringing adds to who we become so much more and your parents are two of the best people I know," Hunter reassured her. 
Aria laid her head on his chest," I guess your right," she muttered happily. 

New House Pics




3 comments:

  1. She is very selfish. She is luck he is willing to try again after what she did, the lies, and her selfish behavior.
    I don't know that I would have.

    I can't wait to see where it goes form here. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aria is definitely selfish, it at least makes her interesting to write and a little annoying at the same time because Hunter seems well a little perfect lol. Thanks for you feedback and advice on the other chapters, I added a link to the random legacy challenge and the generational rolls :)

      Delete
  2. Hunter seems to be a good guy, and i'm glad he's willing to let them work on things. I hope Aria doesn't mess this up

    ReplyDelete